Walking tour: Old Port Town Niigata
In the 1800s, Niigata thrived as a port city. Ships from Russia, China, England, and all over the world came here to trade. Niigata citizens led lucrative lives making their living by shipping cargo and selling local products (mainly agricultural). The city was flooded with sailors from all over the world, allowing Niigata to blend and change with their influence.
Join us on an historical walking tour through the old port town Niigata, where we will explore the unique harmony of Western and Japanese cultures that developed in Niigata in the 1800s.
- We will visit Niigata historical and culture sights, as well as historical residences of influential citizens of the city.
- Start point: Minato Pia
- End point: Saito Family Villa
- Duration: 3.5 hours (about 3 km of actual distance covered with plenty of opportunities to rest and enjoy the scenery)
- Please bring the following: socks, a mask, plenty of fluids, your curiosity and enthusiasm.
- All entrance fees
- Guide fee
- Purchase of masks, socks, or drinks
- Transportation before/after the tour
***Group Discounts are Available.
Meeting placeMinato Pia